Saturday, November 17, 2007

Would you like some egg with your face?

Once, at the beginning of a blind date, my date asked if I would come into her apartment and quickly help her move a couch. In an effort to make a good impression I kindly obliged. With her and all her roommates in the front room I carelessly picked up the couch and let my pecks flex unrestrained. Well, as those of you who know me can probably guess, my rippling pecks, shoulders, and arms ruptured my shirt like Mt Saint Helens leaving it torn asunder and hanging useless from my belt. I don’t know who was more shocked, them or me. I just stood there, couch in hand, with my gorgeous, Herculean muscles on display for all the girls to ogle; the very archetype of masculinity trapped in a hot-den of rabid femininity. Well, naturally they started swooning and shrieking with pleasure and breathing heavy and heaving their bosoms with passionate rapture; so much so that I thought some of the poor creatures were going to hyperventilate and/or bosoms were going to fly free from their lacy, cupped restraints. That was only the beginning. The breathing and heaving was soon followed by the fighting which broke out over who had the right to love me up and bare my children. You could have cut the angst filled fertility with a knife. There was screaming, clawing, hair pulling, gouging, punching, kicking, back biting, and all kinds of slanderous gossiping. And all the while I’m just standing there awkwardly with my date's couch over my head.
I was SO embarrassed.

CONTEST:
I now want to hear your embarrassing date stories. (Thanks for the idea Anjie.) Please submit them by way of comments. Prizes will be awarded for the best stories. Mind you, the stories have to be true like mine. No artistic liberty should be taken. The grand prizewinner will win a cruise for two to Beautiful Island Place of Happiness.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Okay, here we go. This is back in the day when I was not always on my best behavior. I had a mini-crush on this guy named AJ, and since he was no longer kissing my friend - I decided to take a stab at it. We flirted a bit, and then went for a walk along the lake - where we started making out. (Now for some reason...possibly alcohol related) my stomach got really sick in the middle of the kissing. I pulled away and puked all over his shoes. Then all over the peir, and two boats.
This is all bad as it is - BUT to make things worse...he then gave me a piece of gum, and wanted to make out again. SO WE DID.

Melissa said...

Thanks, Ben. The reason I posted it on your page and NOT mine was so my GRANDPARENTS and IN-LAWS wouldn't have to picture that. (I'm not so concerned about my immediate family...they've seen worse.)

Laura said...

I am so sorry, but I can't figure out how you know me?

Anonymous said...

Great story. Utterly descriptive!

Bringhursts said...

My first date with Todd consisted of accidentally watching a home video where I stated he was hot (LONG story). After seeing that humiliating part, the video was running in the background as we sat and talked. Mind you, the T.V. it was playing on was a big screen. All of a sudden I heard my voice on the video and we both turned to see what was going on. I guess I had forgotten the part on the video where I turned the camera on myself and said, "This is Anjie C. saying 'Todd, you will be mine'".