Monday, January 14, 2008

The STINKEYE!


Yes, those are my eyes. No, I did not use Photoshop to color the left one.
I have…

con•junc•ti•vi•tis (kən-jŭngk'tə-vī'tĭs) n. inflammation or infection of the mucosal membrane that covers the eyeball and lines the eyelid. Conjunctivitis usually causes redness, discharge, and itching of the membrane. It may also cause fatigue, loss of libido, shrieking flatulence when surrounded by people, hair loss, deafness in the left ear and extreme sensitivity to sound in the right, twisted testicle, turrets, paralysis of the brain, shrinkage of the urethra to the point of complete urine blockage, expansion of the urethra to the point of incontinence, an emotional sensitivity to puns, road rage, athletes foot, explosive porcelain shattering diarrhea, spontaneous usage of Ebonics, tooth loss, cow-licks, edible toe-jam, spastic colon, whiplash, overbite, PMS in males, ear hair, arthritis in the middle finger making it unable to bend, southern drawl, facial hair and a propensity for "locker-room talk" in females, elephantitis, sympathy for Yoko Ono, cleft pallet, table-tennis elbow (not as severe as tennis elbow), club foot, pirate talk, and ghetto booty.
Commonly called pinkeye, conjunctivitis is also know as Blood-Clops, The Baboon’s Sphincter, and El ojo del Diablo.
If contracted one should regularly rinse eye with hot water, wash hands, avoid staring at the sun, avoid staring at women’s breasts (especially if they’re talking to you), not operate medium-light to medium heavy-ish machinery, avoid attempting to scrape the red off the eyeball, avoid legal gambling, avoid consorting with the mafia, avoid raiding meth labs without backup, avoid starting a meth lab without proper support, avoid alligator wrestling, bull fighting, dog fighting, bull dogging, cock fighting, cock dogging, dog cocking, and knitting. Also, refrain from greeting friends and loved-ones with butterfly kisses.

12 comments:

lindsey said...

Can stinkeye be transferred through the web?

I gotta go now, looking at that eye of yours has really made my eyes itch.

Hope it goes away soon!

Christie said...

I think my husband has all those symptoms, but not the pink eye part. Is it possible to have pink eye and not have any redness to your eyes, but carry all the other symptoms?

Matt Mattson said...

You got poo in your eye! I recently had "poo-eye" as well. I used Similisan brand eye drops for pink eye. Really.
But I have to say, you got off easy - the version I had (2.0) one-upped all of your symptoms- it also HURT LIKE A MOTHER.

Babe in Boysland said...

Ew, and ouch. But I'm really glad you enlightened me, this sounds serious, I'll keep an eye out and my ears peeled for these syptoms in any loved ones. Although...if I keep my eye out and my ear peeled it's quite posssible I'll catch it myself. Hm. Maybe I'll close my eyes and plug my ears and hope for the best.

Spammon said...

You know what I like to do when I have the stinkeye? I rub my eye and then go and rub the drinking fountains, straw dispensers, door handles and then just for the hell of it, I just rub random people in the eye as they walk by me.

Bringhursts said...

Yuck. Did you get it from one of your high school girls that crush on you? No butterfly kisses for you next time we see you.

rachelsaysso said...

Cow licks, pirate talk, and ghetto booty? Hm...maybe I have pink eye too.

skcoe said...

...and this WHOLE TIME I just thought it made your eyes red.

Stupid doctor.

Unknown said...

Geez Ben, didn't you know that VD is contagious. I would quit "helping" the slow kids after school if you know what I mean. I told you I would post a comment the next time that I read this. It is still hilarious.

jenji said...

It's like Karen Walker from Will & Grace says as Grace hides in a bin of playballs at the local toy store,

"Oh honey, no...children have been in there, yer sitting in a pit full of pinkeye!"

Sorry about your crusty condition.

Feel better soon.

and no, I'm not jealous! ;)

jenji

Unknown said...

You think Pinkeye is bad try a rabid case of HERPES in your eye. I dont know why but for some reason the good Lord chose to bless me with a built in stress indicator, whenever I get too stressed I get HERPES on the cornea of my eye. Not to one up you or anything.

Miranda Heart said...

Pinkeye must hurt like a bitch. Never had it but have seen many who have.

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Have a great day.