Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Favorite Things About The Holiday Season

Everyone gets good at acting like they enjoy crap that they hate the rest of the year… like ballet.

Extremely outdated animation

The chance to sit around with the old folks listening to them breath through their noses so loud you think Lord Vader is in the room.

The superior feeling of Christian exclusivity

A chance to kiss women, who are out of your league, because they unwittingly stepped under the mistletoe.

A chance to grope women, who are out of your league, because they unwittingly walked too close to the poinsettia. (family tradition)

Late night Christmas Eve toy construction when it's o.k. to swear

Christmas MURDER! (Because the rest of the year it’s just plain murder.)

Midgets get to walk freely among normal people.

Conifer Genocide!

14 comments:

Christie said...

Mock me if you must, but I beg you, LEAVE MY MR. DARCY ALONE.

Unless he really made you cry. In that case, you are welcome.

P.S. Loved your list. Especially the ballet one.

jenji said...

"The chance to sit around with the old folks listening to them breath through their noses so loud you think Lord Vader is in the room."

Also known as The Whistler aka a guy I used to date here and there.

Couldn't do the whistling. I just couldn't do it.

That and the bevy of dead, yet methodically placed animals littered about his living room wall.

I think one might refer to this collection as "moose," yet I saw nothing but meeses and death. Couldn't they hear him coming in the forest? It was a pretty loud whistle...I'm just sayin.

jenji

AMY said...

Put them all together and you have yourself one hot new reality show. Writers are still on strike. I'd consider pitching this.

Matt Mattson said...

What's number zero? Will that be in a post by itself?

Cora Zane said...

I can't seem to roll out for the ballet even at Xmas time, but I admit I'm guilty of watching all the outdated animation. ^_^

Joe Puente said...

Keith Knight had something to say about this: http://www.buzzle.com/showImage.asp?image=23037

Matchbox Mom said...

Are you mocking my Dad over at my blog?! No he's not on the sopranos, but I did convince my friends once that he was Mexican. Good times.

Tami

Sara Christine said...

7) The superior feeling of Christian exclusivity

Ahh yes. It really warms the heart.

Ever heard of the sketch comedy group Don't Touch Me There out of NYC? You sound like someone who would appreciate their comedy. Or maybe you would hate them. What do I know.

KATE said...

I love the list! I think we do have a couple Lord Vaders in our family!
& I can't pretend to like ballet! It licks!

Nortorious said...

Oh, I am so borrowing that poinsetta tradition. Any physical assault is okay?

Anonymous said...

#10-yep. Been there. You left out listening to non-stop Christmas music in every store.

Jordy said...

Dude, I saw you guys play at the Xactware party and it was one of the funniest acts I've ever seen.

The UnMighty said...

Jordy,
Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you liked the show.
Hugs and Kisses,
The UnMighty

crystal said...

Oooooohhhhhhhh....I'm liking the poinsettia tradition. I may have to steal this one; youch!